Join us on Facebook
The Phantom Canyon Brewing Company opened in December 1993, after almost three years in the planning. Phantom Canyon is located in the historic Cheyenne Building, which was built in 1901. Originally the local offices of the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad, the building was renovated in 1909 and re-opened as The Cheyenne Hotel (owned and operated by the Shafer family until 1963).
The Cheyenne Building was the first downtown restaurant to be placed on the National Register of Historical Places and is located on the first corner of the city. All addresses and street plans originate from the intersection of Pikes Peak and Cascade. The building is named after Cheyenne Mountain and Chief Two Moons of the Cheyenne Indian Tribe (whose stone visage looks over the front entrance).